Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV (former Navision) offers for growing small and midsize businesses a powerful yet cost-effective solution that can be tailored for your company. It can support customization and add-on software to meet industry or other specific needs. In addition, it can adapt as a growing business needs more power and functionality.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV addresses the following business needs:
- Record and store financial records in a central general ledger that includes charts of accounts, balances, VAT reporting, and more.
- Define your preferred currency.
- Create accounting periods based on your fiscal and business cycle.
- Manage bank accounts and cash.
- Automate routines such as check-writing, bank statement reconciliation.
Manufacturers can respond quickly to customer demands and improve manufacturing performance by automating and improving processes such as:
- Production-order management.
- Supply and capacity planning.
- Visibility into shop floor operations.
- Graphics-based production schedules.
- Sales and marketing
Put customer information at the fingertips of managers and employees to help your people build better customer relations.
- Manage contact information.
- Organize sales campaigns.
- Identify sales opportunities.
- Automate sales tasks.
- Set up automatic reminders.
- Document approval.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV gives businesses a flexible solution for solving distribution challenges. It can be used to:
- Track and manage inventory, including in multiple locations.
- Get up-to-date information about in-stock quantities.
- Identify sales opportunities.
- Implement better warehouse management, including tailored pick orders and stock replenishment by pre-set thresholds.
- Get real-time data regarding inventory and shipments.
- Purchase and Payables
Use the flexibility of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and the company-specific setup options to effectively manage payables.
- Apply a payment to as many invoices and credit memos as you like. For greater control, you can choose how to apply customer or vendor transactions by specifying the amounts to apply to individual documents. This can be especially helpful when customers make partial payments. If you choose the "Apply-to-Oldest" method, the system can automatically apply receipts to the oldest invoices for specific customers.
- View detailed information about the amounts that will be posted to the general ledger prior to posting, such as payment discounts and rounding amounts.
- Unapply or "reverse" all postings and changes related to an application of customer and vendor transactions so they can be applied correctly.
- Set a tolerance level (in local or other currency) on an invoice in order to apply and fully close the invoice and payment entries, even if the payment amount is less or more than the invoice. Tolerance can be automatically allowed or decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Set a tolerance level of several days to apply and close an invoice and payment, even if you receive the discounted payment later than the discount date specified by the payment terms. Discount tolerance can be automatically allowed or decided on a case-by-case basis.